Sunday, October 31, 2010

Special Places on the Grand

Elves Chasm. This is one of the most mystical and enchanting place I have visited. I believe there are 7 'balconies'.


Levi at one of the balconies is Elves






Red Cavern. Everyone stops here but I would not list it in my top 10 places to stop. It is quite unique but offers little in the way of exploration and hiking.

Deer Creek about 3 mile past Poncho's Patio, I believe.








Gary Ladd at Deer Falls. This is up on top of the falls at Ponchos Patio. Gary is a well known contributor to Arizina Highways. Here he is with his box camera and glass plates he brought  on the trip. He lives in Page, Az


Unkar rapid overlook. With Sidney and a young boater who ran the meat when at the helm.
Sidney is a very intelligent man and an astronomer.

No comments:

Post a Comment